22 October 2020, Singapore – The Institute for Adult Learning (IAL), an autonomous institute of Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), has announced its Five-Year Strategic Roadmap that charts the institute’s plans to transform Singapore’s Training and Adult Education (TAE) sector in response to current and emerging challenges.
The roadmap, which outlines key areas that will guide IAL’s initiatives over the next five years, comes at a critical time when the workforce is tasked with the need to reinvent itself, and when workplaces are required to embrace Continuing Education and Training (CET) and professional development, and drive workplace learning transformation to remain sustainable and resilient.
Announced by Guest of Honour, Ms Gan Siow Huang, Minister of State for Education and Manpower at iN.LAB’s fifth year anniversary event today, the launch of the five-year roadmap is accompanied by a new partnership agreement between IAL and industry partners which will set up an active partnership network to nurture an ecosystem of start-ups, aspiring innovators and entrepreneurs as well as to support the development of sector-leading evidence-based innovations in Singapore.
iN.LAB has entered a partnership comprising industry players, ranging from solutionists, venture capitalists, innovation accelerators to consultancies who are ready to nurture startups and workplace learning innovations alongside iN.LAB. Industry partners within the partnership so far include:
- Playware Studios PL – Serious Games and VR solutions provider
- Spaze Ventures – Seed capital firm and startup incubator
- SUTW Impact Consulting – ‘Pitch Grooming’ Coach
- Ideactio PL – Industry design thinking consultants
- Design Thinkers’ Academy – Design thinking coaching
- VisionarySchoolmen – AI-based solutions provider
- SFX – VR/AR/MR solutions provider
- HiverLab – VR/AR solutions provider